英文名：Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose Assay Kit
规格：100 assays of each per kit
The Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose assay kit is suitable for the measurement and analysis of sucrose, lactose and D-glucose in flour mixtures and other materials.
Colourimetric method for the determination of Lactose, Sucrose
and D-Glucose in foodstuffs, beverages and other materials
(1) Sucrose + H2O → D-glucose + D-fructose
(2) Lactose + H2O → D-glucose + D-galactose
(3) D-Glucose + H2O + O2 → D-gluconate + H2O2
(4) 2H2O2 + p-hydroxybenzoic acid + 4-aminoantipyrine →
quinoneimine + 4H2O
Kit size: 100 assays of each
Method: Spectrophotometric at 510 nm
Reaction time: ~ 60 min
Detection limit: 100 mg/L
Flours, beverages, dairy products, milk, foodstuffs containing milk,
cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and other materials (e.g. biological cultures,
Used and accepted in food analysis
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- All reagents stable for > 12 months after preparation
- Simple format
- Very specific
- Rapid reaction
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
Q1. Would your kit K-LACSU (Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose) allow us to analyse for lactose in dairy by-products?
The K-LACSU kit will allow measurement of lactose in any materials.
Q2. Should the pH of the sample be adjusted even for samples in acidic media?
The pH of the assay solution after the sample is added should be the same as that of the assay buffer that is supplied with the kit.
Low sample volumes (e.g. 0.1 mL) are not likely to affect the pH of the assay solution and therefore may not require pH adjustment.
Samples above 0.1 mL are more likely to affect the pH of the assay solution and therefore the pH of these samples should be adjusted as described in the data booklet, prior to addition to the assay.
Q3. Can your Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose Kit (K-LACSU) be used for measuring sucrose in wort and during fermentation?
The Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose Kit should work fine for wort.
Q4. With regard to your Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose Kit (K-LACSU), is it possible to measure lactose alone in a mixture of material in which sucrose and glucose could be present?
Yes, it is possible to specifically measure lactose in a mixture of sucrose, lactose and glucose. Of course, it is also necessary to measure free glucose (i.e. with no added beta-galactosidase).
Q5. Would your kits – K-LACSU (Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose) and K-TSTA (Total Starch) allow us to analyse mixed feedstuff for total sugars?
The Lactose/Sucrose/D-Glucose Kit will allow measurement of sucrose, lactose and glucose (not total sugars). We can supply reagents separately for sucrose or lactose determination (or Glucose).
Q6. There is an issue with the performance of the kit; the results are not as expected.
If you suspect that the Megazyme test kit is not performing as expected such that expected results are not obtained please do the following:
- Ensure that you have tested the standard sample that is supplied with the Megazyme test kit.
- Send the results of the kit standard, blank samples and the results obtained for your sample, in the relevant MegaCalc spreadsheet (if available) to Megazyme (email@example.com). Where available the relevant MegaCalc spreadsheet can be downloaded from where the product appears on the Megazyme website.
- State the kit lot number being used (this is found on the outside of the kit box).
- State which assay format was used (refer to the relevant page in the kit booklet if necessary).
- State exact details of any modifications to the standard procedure that is provided by Megazyme.
- State the sample type and describe the sample preparation steps if applicable.
Q7. It states on the box that the kit should be stored at 0-5˚C. The kit was not shipped at this temperature and the average temperature in our country is 30˚C. Can we now use this kit or not?
The kits we supply are stable at room temperature for several months. Thus we ship at room temperature. When you get the kit, it should be stored as recommended and it will be stable for several years. The kit will be perfectly fine at 30˚C for the shipping time.